South Korea prosecutors seek warrant for woman in political storm: Yonhap
- Wall Street falls as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/19: (SWKS) (QRVO) (NVAX) Higher; (AFMD) (SGYP) (IBM) Lower (more...)
Choi Soon-sil arrives for questioning at a prosecutor's office in Seoul, South Korea, November 1, 2016. Kim Do-hoon/Yonhap via REUTERS
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
SEOUL (Reuters) - South Korean prosecutors asked a court on Wednesday for a warrant to arrest a woman at the center of a political scandal that threatens to undermine President Park Geun-hye, South Korea's Yonhap News Agency said.
The prosecutors have charged the woman, Choi Soon-sil, with abuse of power and attempted fraud, the news agency said.
Choi was detained late on Monday under an emergency arrest warrant.
Prosecutors have said they are looking into allegations Choi forced conglomerates to donate funds to non-profit foundations using her friendship with the president and whether she benefited financially through the foundations.
(Reporting by Ju-min Park; Editing by Robert Birsel)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- French finance minister warns U.S. against unilateral bank deregulation
- Shanghai appoints former judge as new mayor
- Amid tension, Taiwan says wants 'new era' of peace with China
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!