South Korea president to visit parliament amid political scandal: MP
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
File Photo: South Korean President Park Geun-hye delivers a speech during a ceremony to mark the anniversary of the 1919 independence movement against Japanese rule over the Korean peninsula, in Seoul March 1, 2016. REUTERS/Jung Yeon-Je/Pool/File Photo
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
SEOUL (Reuters) - South Korean President Park Geun-hye will visit parliament on Tuesday and meet the speaker, an opposition assemblyman said, amid an influence peddling scandal that has gripped the country and thrown her government into a political limbo.
Park hopes to meet the leaders of opposition parties during her visit to parliament, Yonhap news agency quoted an unnamed presidential Blue House official as saying.
Opposition leaders have demanded Park withdraw her nominee for prime minister and agree to a candidate acceptable to them.
(Reporting by Jack Kim and Ju-min Park; Editing by Lincoln Feast)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Tainted homemade rice wine kills 15 at funerals in Cambodia
- Ghana opposition leader wins presidential election, radio stations report
- Oil extends gains on hopes for non-OPEC output cuts
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!