South Korea September manufacturing sentiment steps up to one-and-a-half year high
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
A worker carries construction materials as he walks past a ship which is currently under construction at Hyundai Heavy Industries' Shipyard in Ulsan, South Korea, May 13, 2015. REUTERS/Kim Hong-Ji
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
SEOUL (Reuters) - A gauge of South Korean manufacturers' sentiment over future business conditions rose to its highest in a year-and-a-half for September, a central bank survey showed on Wednesday, as exports prospects brightened from the previous month.
The Bank of Korea's manufacturing business survey index (BSI) for September stood at a seasonally adjusted 77, compared with 73 for August.
It was the highest reading since the index stood at 80 in March 2015.
An index reading below 100 indicates that the number of companies that expect business conditions to deteriorate in the following month outnumbers those seeing improvement.
The index has remained below 100 since January 2011.
The outlook for future business sentiment rose for all respondents, especially for exporters and conglomerates.
A sub-index showed sentiment improving over a majority of indexes including exports, production and production equipment.
On Tuesday, a Reuters poll showed exports in August are expected to rebound into positive territory for the first time in 19 months, mainly aided by smartphone exports and two more working days this year.
(Reporting by Christine Kim; Editing by Subhranshu Sahu)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UK PM May's Conservatives retain seat in Sleaford by-election: Sky News
- China November producer prices rise at fastest pace in five years as commodities climb
- Remarkable feathered dinosaur tail found in chunk of amber
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!