Sony to launch smartphone games in 2018: Nikkei
- S&P, Nasdaq hit highs on gains in health, tech stocks
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Sibanye Gold (SBGL) to Acquire Stillwater Mining Company (SWC) in $2.2B Deal
- Exclusive: ECB rejects Monte Paschi's request for more time to raise cash - source
A reception staff walks under a logo of Sony Corp at its headquarters in Tokyo February 4, 2015. REUTERS/Yuya Shino/File Photo
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
(Reuters) - Sony Corp plans to release five or more smartphone games around late March 2018, the Nikkei business daily said on Thursday.
Sony Interactive Entertainment, Sony's video game development arm, is looking to develop smartphone games based on popular PlayStation titles, which will target Japan and other parts of Asia, the Nikkei added. (http://s.nikkei.com/2e0VVuv)
The game titles are expected to be revealed by year-end, Nikkei said.
Sony was not immediately available for comment.
The company launched its Virtual Reality (VR) headset for PlayStation on Wednesday, the consumer electronic giant's latest foray into video games and entertainment.
(Reporting By Nayyar Rasheed in Bengaluru; Editing by Don Sebastian)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bitcoin hits highest levels in almost three years
- Dutch police arrest terrorism suspect with loaded Kalashnikov
- Negligence trial in France casts shadow over IMF's Lagarde
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!