Sony to launch smartphone games in 2018: Nikkei
- Health, energy stocks hit Wall Street, Microsoft lifts Nasdaq
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/21: (ALKS) (CXRX) (CERC) Higher; (SGY) (MBRX) (STS) Lower
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
A reception staff walks under a logo of Sony Corp at its headquarters in Tokyo February 4, 2015. REUTERS/Yuya Shino/File Photo
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
(Reuters) - Sony Corp plans to release five or more smartphone games around late March 2018, the Nikkei business daily said on Thursday.
Sony Interactive Entertainment, Sony's video game development arm, is looking to develop smartphone games based on popular PlayStation titles, which will target Japan and other parts of Asia, the Nikkei added. (http://s.nikkei.com/2e0VVuv)
The game titles are expected to be revealed by year-end, Nikkei said.
Sony was not immediately available for comment.
The company launched its Virtual Reality (VR) headset for PlayStation on Wednesday, the consumer electronic giant's latest foray into video games and entertainment.
(Reporting By Nayyar Rasheed in Bengaluru; Editing by Don Sebastian)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Christie told of NJ 'Bridgegate' closures month before: defendant
- Wall Street Journal offers all news employees option to take buyouts: memo
- London City Airport has been declared safe - fire service
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!