Sony to launch smartphone games in 2018: Nikkei
- S&P 500, Nasdaq set records as tech, banks lead
- Texas Instruments (TXN) Tops Q4 EPS by 20c, Issues Solid Q1 Outlook
- Intuitive Surgical (ISRG) Tops Q4 EPS by 10c; $2B Accelerated Share Repurchase
- Seagate Technology (STX) Tops Q2 EPS by 30c
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/24: (BOBE) (STX) (WDC) Higher; (NEWT) (MRCY) (CA) Lower (more...)
A reception staff walks under a logo of Sony Corp at its headquarters in Tokyo February 4, 2015. REUTERS/Yuya Shino/File Photo
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
(Reuters) - Sony Corp plans to release five or more smartphone games around late March 2018, the Nikkei business daily said on Thursday.
Sony Interactive Entertainment, Sony's video game development arm, is looking to develop smartphone games based on popular PlayStation titles, which will target Japan and other parts of Asia, the Nikkei added. (http://s.nikkei.com/2e0VVuv)
The game titles are expected to be revealed by year-end, Nikkei said.
Sony was not immediately available for comment.
The company launched its Virtual Reality (VR) headset for PlayStation on Wednesday, the consumer electronic giant's latest foray into video games and entertainment.
(Reporting By Nayyar Rasheed in Bengaluru; Editing by Don Sebastian)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- U.S. asset managers seek delay on new variation margin rule
- Protesters vow to battle Trump's 'poor decision' to revive pipeline
- Pressured by Trump, Mexico ready to discuss NAFTA rules in U.S. talks
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!