SoftBank third-quarter profit rises 6.8 percent on strong domestic telecoms business
- Banks, telecoms lead Wall Street up; another Dow record
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- bluebird bio (BLUE) to Offer $200M of Common Stock
- Dave & Buster's Entertainment (PLAY) Tops Q3 EPS by 11c, Raises FY Revenue Guidance
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/06: (PLAY) (ANTH) (WDC) Higher; (AVAV) (ESV) (BLUE) Lower (more...)
People walk behind the logo of SoftBank Corp in Tokyo December 18, 2014. REUTERS/Toru Hanai/File Photo
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
TOKYO (Reuters) - Japan's SoftBank Group Corp <9984.T> reported on Monday a 6.8 percent rise in operating profit for the July-September quarter, thanks to a strong showing by its domestic telecommunications business.
Second-quarter profit rose to 334.7 billion yen ($3.21 billion) from 313.4 billion yen a year earlier. That compared with a 287 billion yen average estimate from two analysts, according to Thomson Reuters Starmine.
SoftBank completed in September the $32 billion acquisition of UK chip designer ARM Holdings, Britain's most valuable technology company, in Japan's largest ever outbound deal.
(Reporting by Makiko Yamazaki; Editing by Muralikumar Anantharaman)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Microsoft (MSFT) and LinkedIn's (LNKD) Proposed Merger Cleared in Europe, with Conditions
- Switzerland makes progress in money laundering fight: task force report
- New Zealand passport robot tells applicant of Asian descent to open eyes
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!