SoftBank third-quarter profit rises 6.8 percent on strong domestic telecoms business
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
People walk behind the logo of SoftBank Corp in Tokyo December 18, 2014. REUTERS/Toru Hanai/File Photo
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
TOKYO (Reuters) - Japan's SoftBank Group Corp <9984.T> reported on Monday a 6.8 percent rise in operating profit for the July-September quarter, thanks to a strong showing by its domestic telecommunications business.
Second-quarter profit rose to 334.7 billion yen ($3.21 billion) from 313.4 billion yen a year earlier. That compared with a 287 billion yen average estimate from two analysts, according to Thomson Reuters Starmine.
SoftBank completed in September the $32 billion acquisition of UK chip designer ARM Holdings, Britain's most valuable technology company, in Japan's largest ever outbound deal.
(Reporting by Makiko Yamazaki; Editing by Muralikumar Anantharaman)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Britons see higher inflation and interest rates in 2017: BoE survey
- Brexit minister 'not really interested' in transitional Brexit deal: FT says
- Turkish jets hit IS targets in Syria, al-Bab highway under control: army