Six-year-old boy shot at South Carolina school dies from wound
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
An Anderson County sheriff's deputy stands outside of Townville Elementary School after a shooting in Townville, South Carolina, U.S., September 28, 2016. REUTERS/Nathan Gray
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Reuters) - A 6-year-old South Carolina boy wounded in a schoolyard shooting died on Saturday, a coroner said, a day after a teenage suspect was charged with murdering his own father and wounding the boy, a teacher and another student.
The boy, Jacob Hall, was shot on Wednesday at Townville Elementary School in Townville, South Carolina after the 14-year-old suspect is alleged to have crashed his pickup truck into a fence around the school and opened fire.
"Unfortunately he's lost the battle, at 12:56 p.m. today" at a Greenville hospital, Anderson County Coroner Greg Shore said by telephone. He said he would be transported for an autopsy on Sunday.
Jacob had been on life support after a bullet ripped his femoral artery, causing blood loss that led to major brain injury, his family has said.
The suspect was charged in 10th Judicial Circuit court on Friday with one count of murder and three counts of attempted murder. The hearing was behind closed doors because the teenager is a juvenile.[nL2N1C60OJ]
Authorities say the suspect shot and killed his father, Jeffrey Osborne, 47, as the man watched television at their home about 2 miles (3 km) from the school.
The teenager then drove to the school where he shot Jacob, another 6-year-old boy and a teacher, police have said.
Authorities said they did not know of any link between the shooter, who was home-schooled, and the victims.
(Reporting by Ian Simpson in Washington; Editing by Marguerita Choy)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Walt Disney's signed will, animation trove go up for auction
- Guatemalans burn Trump effigies to scatter evil spirits
- Alabama executes 45-year-old man found guilty in the 1994 killing
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!