Six shot, one dead, at Alabama rally: media reports
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- S&P 500 ends up slightly with boost from financials; Netflix up late
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- La Quinta Holdings (LQ) Gains on Plan to Split in Two
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/18: (OCLR) (CSX) (NFLX) Higher; (AMDA) (RCII) (ZYNE) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
(Reuters) - Six people were shot, one of them fatally, when gunfire broke out after a rally at a Birmingham public housing project on Sunday, media reports said.
The shooting occurred at the Gate City public housing community, AL.com reported on its website, citing Birmingham police spokesman Sergeant Bryan Shelton.
All six victims were bystanders, Shelton said. The shooting broke out about an hour after a peace rally in the community's Lewis Park closed, AL.com said.
None of the five wounded was critically injured.
Authorities could not be reached immediately to verify the reports.
(Reporting by Chris Michaud; Editing by Paul Tait)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Banks face talent crisis amid mounting costs of employee turnover: report
- North Korea may test-launch ICBM soon: South Korean media
- Leader of Australia's biggest state economy quits politics
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!