Six shot, one dead, at Alabama rally: media reports
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
(Reuters) - Six people were shot, one of them fatally, when gunfire broke out after a rally at a Birmingham public housing project on Sunday, media reports said.
The shooting occurred at the Gate City public housing community, AL.com reported on its website, citing Birmingham police spokesman Sergeant Bryan Shelton.
All six victims were bystanders, Shelton said. The shooting broke out about an hour after a peace rally in the community's Lewis Park closed, AL.com said.
None of the five wounded was critically injured.
Authorities could not be reached immediately to verify the reports.
(Reporting by Chris Michaud; Editing by Paul Tait)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Turkish jets hit 39 Islamic State targets, kill four militants - army
- OPEC, Russia see smooth road to global deal on output cut
- US Senate passes bill to fund government through April
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!