Six men found alive but with hands severed in western Mexico
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
MEXICO CITY (Reuters) - Six men were found alive with their hands cut off on Monday on the outskirts of Guadalajara, Mexico's second biggest city, while a seventh was pronounced dead at the scene, the state attorney general's office said.
The men were found in the Guadalajara suburb of Tlaquepaque in western Jalisco state, one of the regions most hotly contested by Mexican drug gangs.
The six men were receiving medical attention, but had not been arrested, an official with the attorney general's office said, adding that an investigation is underway.
A local reporter published on Twitter what purported to be several photos of the grisly scene, including a note next to one of the men suggesting they were targeted by a vigilante justice outfit that calls itself Elite Anti-Bandit Group.
Reuters was not able to independently confirm the authenticity of the photos.
(Reporting by David Alire Garcia; Editing by Tom Hogue)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Honda confirms new $436 million China factory amid sales surge
- EFG International to cut up to 450 jobs as part of BSI integration
- South Korea parliament introduces bill to impeach Park; vote due Friday
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!