Singapore's PM Lee to take medical leave until Aug 29
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Singapore's Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong speaks in Singapore September 2, 2014. Lee has been diagnosed with prostate cancer and will undergo surgery to remove his prostate gland on Monday, his office said on February 15, 2015. Picture taken September 2,
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
SINGAPORE (Reuters) - Singapore Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong will be on medical leave until Aug. 29 on the advice of his doctors, his office said on Monday.
Lee took ill while delivering a National Day rally speech on Sunday but returned to the stage after a break of about an hour.
Lee's illness was brought on by a temporary drop in blood pressure due to prolonged standing, exhaustion and dehydration, the prime minister's office said in a statement.
Doctors had confirmed there were no cardiac abnormalities and no stroke, the office said.
Deputy Prime Minister Teo Chee Hean will cover the duties of the prime minister in his absence.
(Reporting by Marius Zaharia and Aradhana Aravindan; Editing by Robert Birsel)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Funeral of major graft probe judge killed in plane crash
- Turkey orders more than 400 arrests in post-coup probes: report
- Militants blow themselves up after gunfight with Saudi forces
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!