Singapore confirms 26 more local transmission Zika cases: media
- Futures rise as 'Trump rally' rolls on
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Sibanye Gold (SBGL) to Acquire Stillwater Mining Company (SWC) in $2.2B Deal
- Exclusive: ECB rejects Monte Paschi's request for more time to raise cash - source
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
A worker sprays insecticide along the common areas of a public housing estate at an area where locally transmitted Zika cases were discovered in Singapore August 30, 2016. REUTERS/Edgar Su
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
SINGAPORE (Reuters) - Singapore confirmed 26 more cases of locally-transmitted Zika infections on Tuesday, bringing the tally to 82, local media reported, citing the health ministry and National Environment Agency.
Of these, five cases were detected in parts of Singapore outside the Aljunied area where all the previous cases were found, media reported.
The Zika virus was detected in Brazil last year and has since spread across the Americas. It poses a risk to pregnant women because it can cause severe birth defects.
(Reporting by Marius Zaharia; Editing by Ian Geoghegan)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Egygtian militant group Hasm claims Cairo bomb attack
- American Airlines raises fourth-quarter unit revenue forecast
- Stagnation, resignation reign ahead of Romanian parliamentary vote