Siemens trims job cut plans for unit in Germany
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- Panera Bread (PNRA) Tops Q3 EPS by 3c; Raises Outlook
Siemens AG headquarters are seen in Munich, Germany August 15, 2016. REUTERS/Michaela Rehle
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
MUNICH, Germany (Reuters) - Siemens
A spokesman for the German engineering group said on Tuesday the cuts would take place over four years and there would be no compulsory redundancies.
Siemens had said in March it would cut around 2,500 jobs worldwide in areas related to the oil and gas, metals and mining sectors, of which about 2,000 would be in Germany.
It expects restructuring charges of 250-300 million euros ($281-$337 million) for the layoffs.
(Reporting by Irene Preisinger; writing by Georgina Prodhan; editing by Jason Neely)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- White House urges ban on non-compete agreements for many workers
- American Paul Beatty's race satire wins Man Booker Prize
- U.S. Marshals join manhunt for Oklahoma man suspected of double murder
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!