Shooter wounds two in California jail, suspect held
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
(Reuters) - Two Fresno County, California, sheriff's employees were wounded in a shooting at the county jail on Saturday, and a suspect is in custody, authorities said.
The Fresno County Sheriff's Office said the shooting took place in the jail's main lobby. The two wounded people were taken to a hospital, and their conditions were unknown, the office said in a statement.
A suspect has been taken into custody and an investigation is ongoing, it said. KFSN-TV, an ABC affiliate, said the two people who were wounded were correctional officers.
(Reporting by Ian Simpson; Editing by James Dalgleish)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Russia expects dialogue with Trump on nuclear weapons: Lavrov
- Hyundai Motor to boost U.S. investment as automakers respond to Trump
- Russia's Lavrov says aim for Astana talks is consolidating Syria truce
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!