Shooter wounds two in California jail, suspect held
- Wall St. touches two-week high on deals, strong earnings
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- TD Ameritrade (AMTD) to Acquire Scottrade in $4B Cash & Stock Deal
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/24: (BEAV) (JPEP) (HLT) Higher; (BAS) (INO) (ADRO) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
(Reuters) - Two Fresno County, California, sheriff's employees were wounded in a shooting at the county jail on Saturday, and a suspect is in custody, authorities said.
The Fresno County Sheriff's Office said the shooting took place in the jail's main lobby. The two wounded people were taken to a hospital, and their conditions were unknown, the office said in a statement.
A suspect has been taken into custody and an investigation is ongoing, it said. KFSN-TV, an ABC affiliate, said the two people who were wounded were correctional officers.
(Reporting by Ian Simpson; Editing by James Dalgleish)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ninth century library goes digital to reach wider audience
- First task for Spain's new government: clear the inbox from hell
- Oil industry workers split between Trump and Clinton
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!