Sharp shares up more than 10 percent after Foxconn completes stake purchase
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- UnitedHealth Group (UNH) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Affirms Outlook
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
A man walks past Sharp Corp's liquid crystal display monitors showing the company logo in Tokyo, Japan, February 25, 2016. REUTERS/Yuya Shino
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
TOKYO (Reuters) - Shares of Sharp Corp <6753.T> soared more than 10 percent in early trade on Monday after the company said that Taiwan's Foxconn <2317.TW> completed its takeover.
Sharp on Friday said that Foxconn completed the 388.8 billion yen ($3.84 billion) purchase, bringing Foxconn's stake to 66.07 percent
Sharp jumped as high as 17 percent to 124 yen, the highest since June 24.
($1 = 101.2700 yen)
(Reporting by Ayai Tomisawa; Editing by Stephen Coates)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Iraqi forces push into IS-held pocket in Mosul: military
- Uganda minister says Congo's former M23 rebels not welcome in Uganda
- Globalization not to blame for world's ills: China's Xi
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!