Sharp shares up more than 10 percent after Foxconn completes stake purchase
- Wall St. lower as earnings from some big names disappoint
- General Motors (GM) Tops Q3 EPS by 28c
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q3 EPS by 14c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook; Says Continuing to Work with Regulators
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/25: (SAEX) (CWEI) (SWFT) Higher; (DPRX) (CRBP) (UA) Lower (more...)
A man walks past Sharp Corp's liquid crystal display monitors showing the company logo in Tokyo, Japan, February 25, 2016. REUTERS/Yuya Shino
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
TOKYO (Reuters) - Shares of Sharp Corp <6753.T> soared more than 10 percent in early trade on Monday after the company said that Taiwan's Foxconn <2317.TW> completed its takeover.
Sharp on Friday said that Foxconn completed the 388.8 billion yen ($3.84 billion) purchase, bringing Foxconn's stake to 66.07 percent
Sharp jumped as high as 17 percent to 124 yen, the highest since June 24.
($1 = 101.2700 yen)
(Reporting by Ayai Tomisawa; Editing by Stephen Coates)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- T-Mobile seen as top target following AT&T-Time Warner deal
- Singapore telecoms group StarHub says hit by cyber attacks
- What to do when a health crisis pushes you over the limit
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!