Shares of firms controlled by Trump's Indonesian business partner surge
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
CEO of MNC Group Hary Tanoesoedibjo poses at the MNC editorial office in Jakarta May 25, 2012. REUTERS/Beawiharta
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
JAKARTA (Reuters) - Shares of Indonesian companies controlled by Donald Trump's hotel business partner, Indonesian tycoon Hary Tanoesoedibjo, surged on Wednesday as the Republican nominee clinched the U.S. presidency, defeating Democratic rival Hillary Clinton.
Trump has a partnership with Tanoesoedibjo, who controls the MNC Group conglomerate, to manage hotels in the Indonesian island of Bali and in the West Java city of Bogor.
Shares of PT MNC Investama Tbk
"We always separate business from Trump's political career. What we can say for now is congratulations to Trump," Syafril Nasution, a spokesman for MNC Group, told Reuters by telephone.
(Reporting by Fransiska Nangoy; Writing by Eveline Danubrata; Editing by Kenneth Maxwell)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- LPL Financial (LPLA) Said to Decide to Stay Independent After Reviewing Options - Bloomberg
- Murdoch's new Sky bid should be probed says former UK minister
- Turkish karate group seeks asylum in Germany
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Related EntitiesDonald J. Trump
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!