Shares in Monte dei Paschi suspended from trading after 23 percent drop
- Banks, telecoms lead Wall Street up; another Dow record
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- bluebird bio (BLUE) to Offer $200M of Common Stock
- Dave & Buster's Entertainment (PLAY) Tops Q3 EPS by 11c, Raises FY Revenue Guidance
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/06: (PLAY) (ANTH) (WDC) Higher; (AVAV) (ESV) (BLUE) Lower (more...)
The entrance of the Monte dei Paschi bank headquarters is seen in Siena, central Italy, January 29, 2016. REUTERS/Max Rossi
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
MILAN (Reuters) - Shares in Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena
The stock rose as much as 26.5 percent on Tuesday after Italy's third-largest bank unveiled a turnaround plan under new chief executive Marco Morelli, capping a week of gains that has seen shares rally by 150 percent.
"The plan was well received but such a rally was unwarranted, it was just a matter of time before investors started booking profits and now they have started doing just that," a Milan-based trader said.
(Reporting by Valentina Za; editing by Agnieszka Flak)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Philippines' Duterte takes aim at Macau casino boss
- South Sudan deports AP journalist, agency says it is over his reporting
- Cab-hailing company Careem launches women drivers in conservative Pakistan
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!