Several people injured in Chile building collapse
- Futures flat as countdown to Trump's inauguration begins
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- Apple (AAPL) PT Raised to $140 at BofA/Merrill Lynch; iPhone 8 Will be 'Super-Long' Cycle
- Morgan Stanley Upgrades Tesla Motors (TSLA) to Overweight
- Oil rallies from one-week low as IEA sees tighter market
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Seven people were injured, three with life-threatening injuries, after the ledge of a building in downtown Santiago collapsed Thursday (September 22), local media reported.
The debris rained down on the sidewalk and street below, apparently landing on a truck causing the driver to lose control and crash into a pharmacy.
The driver and a passenger are among the injured, local media reported citing authorities.
It was not immediately clear what caused the building ledge to collapse, but initial reports cited witnesses saying they had heard an explosion, possibly from a faulty air-conditioner.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Banks put 'hard' Brexit move plans into action
- Indonesia jails Briton for sexually abusing teen
- Trump's policy plans and dollar hopes a paradox: ex-IMF adviser
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!