Several people injured in Chile building collapse
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Seven people were injured, three with life-threatening injuries, after the ledge of a building in downtown Santiago collapsed Thursday (September 22), local media reported.
The debris rained down on the sidewalk and street below, apparently landing on a truck causing the driver to lose control and crash into a pharmacy.
The driver and a passenger are among the injured, local media reported citing authorities.
It was not immediately clear what caused the building ledge to collapse, but initial reports cited witnesses saying they had heard an explosion, possibly from a faulty air-conditioner.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Cameroon train derails; at least 55 dead, hundreds injured
- Half of Republicans would reject election result if Clinton wins: Reuters/Ipsos
- Inquiry finds Syrian government forces responsible for third gas attack
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!