Senate leader hopes to have several Trump nominees confirmed on January 20
- Wall Street gains, helped by oil, economic data
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/5: (NVCN) (BCEI) (MEMP) Higher; (GTXI) (CERC) (HDSN) Lower
- Oil hits 16-month high in buying rush after OPEC agreement
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) speaks about the election of Donald Trump in the U.S. presidential election in Washington, U.S., November 9, 2016. REUTERS/Joshua Roberts
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said on Tuesday he hopes to have several of President-elect Donald Trump's Cabinet nominees confirmed on his first day in office on Jan. 20.
"In the past, we've been able to confirm a number of an incoming president's Cabinet appointments on day one, and we hope on January 20," McConnell said.
"Even though there's a lot going on that day, we hope to be able to vote on and confirm a number of the president's selections for the Cabinet so he can get started," the Kentucky Republican said.
(Reporting by Susan Cornwell; Writing by Eric Beech; Editing by Mohammad Zargham)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- New House labor committee chair questions need for unions
- Trump policies may work if they improve productivity: Fed's Bullard
- Venezuelan women flock to Colombia border town to sell hair