Scotland and others expected to join Brexit legal challenge: lead claimant
- Futures rise as 'Trump rally' rolls on
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Sibanye Gold (SBGL) to Acquire Stillwater Mining Company (SWC) in $2.2B Deal
- Exclusive: ECB rejects Monte Paschi's request for more time to raise cash - source
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
British flag and European Union flags flutter outside the EU Commission headquarters in Brussels, Belgium, June 28, 2016. REUTERS/ Francois Lenoir
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
LONDON (Reuters) - Scotland's devolved government is expected to join a legal challenge against the British government's plans to trigger an exit from the European Union, the lead claimant in the court case said on Sunday.
A British court ruled on Thursday that the government needs parliamentary approval to start the process of leaving the European Union, potentially delaying Prime Minister Theresa May's Brexit plans.
The government said it would appeal against the High Court ruling and Britain's Supreme Court is expected to consider the case early next month.
"We are expecting a number of governments to join us," Gina Miller, an investment manager leading the court case against the government, told the BBC. "But their case will be different to ours. They will be talking about their own particular interests."
(Reporting by William James; Editing by Adrian Croft)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Diplomats call on Myanmar to let aid into Rakhine State
- Egygtian militant group Hasm claims Cairo bomb attack
- Trump to meet with U.S. House Speaker Ryan: transition official
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!