Samsung Electronics to change quality assurance processes after Note 7 withdrawal
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- Third-Party Said Interested in PrivateBancorp (PVTB) as CIBC (CM) Deal is Delayed
A customer uses his Samsung Electronics' Galaxy Note 7 as he waits for an exchange at company's headquarters in Seoul, South Korea, October 13, 2016. REUTERS/Kim Hong-Ji
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
SEOUL (Reuters) - Samsung Electronics Co Ltd on Thursday said it would make significant changes to its quality assurance processes in the wake of the withdrawal of its Galaxy Note 7 devices over safety concerns.
It gave no further details.
The company began an extraordinary shareholder meeting for investors to vote on a decision to sell its printing business to HP Inc for $1.05 billion, and on whether to approve Samsung Group scion Jay Y. Lee as a board director.
(Reporting by Joyce Lee; Editing by Stephen Coates)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- U.S. Marine pilot dies after ejecting from plane off Japan
- BNY Mellon's payment woes its second big tech glitch in 18 months
- U.S. estimates 50,000 Islamic State fighters killed so far: U.S. official
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!