Samsung Electronics says carefully considering Elliott's proposals
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
The logo of Samsung Electronics is seen at its headquarters in Seoul, South Korea, July 4, 2016. REUTERS/Kim Hong-Ji/File Photo - RTSKYEL
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
SEOUL (Reuters) - Tech giant Samsung Electronics Co Ltd said on Thursday it is carefully considering proposals by U.S. hedge fund Elliott Management and said it "believes in constructive and open dialogue" with investors.
The U.S. fund on Thursday urged the crown jewel of South Korea's top conglomerate Samsung Group to split itself into a holding company and list its operating company on the Nasdaq stock exchange. Elliott also called for a special dividend.
Samsung said in a statement it is committed to creating "long-term, sustainable value" for all stakeholders and that it aims to maximize shareholder value. The firm did not comment on specifics of Elliott's proposal or whether it has been in communication with the U.S. activist hedge fund.
(Reporting by Se Young Lee; Editing by Edwina Gibbs; Editing by Edwina Gibbs)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Fears of Beijing gambling crackdown sends casino stocks crashing
- Who knew? Modi's black money move kept a closely guarded secret
- 3M to sell identity management business to Gemalto
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Related EntitiesDividend, Hedge Funds
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!