Samsung Electronics cuts third quarter operating profit guidance on Note 7 impact
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Signage is seen at the Samsung 837 store in the Meatpacking District of Manhattan, New York, U.S., October 10, 2016. REUTERS/Andrew Kelly
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
SEOUL (Reuters) - Samsung Electronics Co Ltd <005930.KS> on Wednesday cut its third-quarter operating profit guidance to 5.2 trillion won ($4.66 billion) from 7.8 trillion won due to the impact of pulling its Galaxy Note 7 smartphones off the market.
Samsung, in a regulatory filing, also cut its July-September revenue estimate to 47 trillion won from the 49 trillion won it guided for last week.
(Reporting by Se Young Lee; Editing by Lincoln Feast)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Romania elects new parliament, leftists ahead in polls
- At least 10 killed by collapse of church in southern Nigeria: resident
- North Korea's Kim guides special operations drill targeting South