Samsung Elec gets order for Nvidia's next-gen GPUs: Chosun Biz
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
The logo of technology company Nvidia is seen at its headquarters in Santa Clara, California February 11, 2015. REUTERS/Robert Galbraith
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
SEOUL (Reuters) - Tech giant Samsung Electronics Co Ltd won a contract manufacturing order to make new graphics processing unit (GPU) products for U.S.-based Nvidia Corp, South Korea's Chosun Biz newspaper reported on Friday, citing unnamed sources.
The paper said Samsung would start making the next-generation GPUs using its 14-nanometre production technology before year-end, based on the U.S. company's Pascal architecture. It did not specify the value of the order.
A Samsung Electronics spokeswoman declined to comment, while Nvidia could not be immediately reached for comment.
(Reporting by Se Young Lee; Editing by Clarence Fernandez)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Multiple injuries as double-decker bus hits bridge in London
- Egyptian court confirms 20-year prison sentence on Mursi
- Piech, Porsche families say united behind VW management: Spiegel
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!