Saints cornerback Williams carted off with neck injury
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- S&P 500 ends up slightly with boost from financials; Netflix up late
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- La Quinta Holdings (LQ) Gains on Plan to Split in Two
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/18: (OCLR) (CSX) (NFLX) Higher; (AMDA) (RCII) (ZYNE) Lower (more...)
Aug 26, 2016; New Orleans, LA, USA; Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown (84) stiff-arms New Orleans Saints cornerback P.J. Williams (25) in the first quarter of the game at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome. Mandatory Credit: Chuck Cook-USA TODAY S
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
(The Sports Xchange) - The New Orleans Saints, already thin at cornerback, may have lost another member of their secondary when cornerback P.J. Williams suffered a neck injury in Sunday's game against the New York Giants.
Williams, a second-year player out of Florida State, was injured on a first-quarter tackle of Giants tight end Larry Donnell when his head made contact with Donnell's right knee.
Saints teammate Craig Robertson's leg then hit Williams' head on the play, causing his neck to whiplash a second time.
Williams was placed on a backboard, his neck stabilized as he was carted off the field for further evaluation. The Saints announced he is being evaluated for a concussion.
(Editing by Larry Fine)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Toshiba shares slump on reports of U.S. nuclear business loss
- Brazil police separate gangs in prison where 26 killed
- Chicago police officer charged with murder in off-duty shooting
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!