Saints cornerback Williams carted off with neck injury
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Aug 26, 2016; New Orleans, LA, USA; Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown (84) stiff-arms New Orleans Saints cornerback P.J. Williams (25) in the first quarter of the game at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome. Mandatory Credit: Chuck Cook-USA TODAY S
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
(The Sports Xchange) - The New Orleans Saints, already thin at cornerback, may have lost another member of their secondary when cornerback P.J. Williams suffered a neck injury in Sunday's game against the New York Giants.
Williams, a second-year player out of Florida State, was injured on a first-quarter tackle of Giants tight end Larry Donnell when his head made contact with Donnell's right knee.
Saints teammate Craig Robertson's leg then hit Williams' head on the play, causing his neck to whiplash a second time.
Williams was placed on a backboard, his neck stabilized as he was carted off the field for further evaluation. The Saints announced he is being evaluated for a concussion.
(Editing by Larry Fine)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Explosions in Japanese park kill one, cause not known: NHK
- Maduro opponents march after Venezuela referendum sunk
- British banks preparing to leave UK over Brexit: Observer
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!