Sacramento, California Mayor Johnson hit in the face with a pie: media
- Wall Street drops as investors brace for presidential debate
- Disney (DIS) Working with Adviser on Potential Twitter (TWTR) Bid - Bloomberg
- Rice Energy (RICE) Acquires Vantage Energy in $2.7B Deal; FY16 Outlook Updated
- Kite Pharma (KITE) Announces Positive Topline Data from KTE-C19 ZUMA-1 Study in Aggressive NHL
- After-Hours Stock Movers 09/26: (KITE) (SNX) (ARRY) Higher; (SXL) (NAT) (RICE) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
(Reuters) - Sacramento, California Mayor Kevin Johnson was hit in the face with a pie during a fundraiser at a charter high school on Wednesday by a man who was then arrested for felony assault, local media reported.
Johnson, the mayor of California's capital city, was talking to dinner guests when a man grabbed him by the arm and hit him the face with a pie that he brought with him, sources told the Sacramento Bee newspaper.
Johnson, who thought he was punched in the face, hit the man back, his spokeswoman Crystal Strait told the newspaper.
Sean Thompson, 32, was restrained and arrested on felony charges of assaulting a public official. Thompson was treated for a minor injury at a hospital, the Sacramento Police Department said in a statement.
"Appreciate everyone. I'm doing fine," Johnson, a former NBA star, said in a Twitter post.
(Reporting By Brendan O'Brien, editing by Larry King)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- New York launches ad campaign to fight anti-Muslim rhetoric, violence
- Bank of Japan board was uncertain of reaching price goal in July: minutes
- Wells Fargo hit with class action lawsuit over sales practices
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!