Sacramento, California Mayor Johnson hit in the face with a pie: media
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Reuters) - Sacramento, California Mayor Kevin Johnson was hit in the face with a pie during a fundraiser at a charter high school on Wednesday by a man who was then arrested for felony assault, local media reported.
Johnson, the mayor of California's capital city, was talking to dinner guests when a man grabbed him by the arm and hit him the face with a pie that he brought with him, sources told the Sacramento Bee newspaper.
Johnson, who thought he was punched in the face, hit the man back, his spokeswoman Crystal Strait told the newspaper.
Sean Thompson, 32, was restrained and arrested on felony charges of assaulting a public official. Thompson was treated for a minor injury at a hospital, the Sacramento Police Department said in a statement.
"Appreciate everyone. I'm doing fine," Johnson, a former NBA star, said in a Twitter post.
(Reporting By Brendan O'Brien, editing by Larry King)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Delta Air Lines (DAL) Load Factor Rose 0.9 Points in November 2016
- Former astronaut Buzz Aldrin to stay in New Zealand until lungs clear
- Euro zone seeks compromise on Greek debt ahead of IMF deadline