Sacramento, California Mayor Johnson hit in the face with a pie: media
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- S&P 500 ends up slightly with boost from financials; Netflix up late
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- La Quinta Holdings (LQ) Gains on Plan to Split in Two
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/18: (OCLR) (CSX) (NFLX) Higher; (AMDA) (RCII) (ZYNE) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Reuters) - Sacramento, California Mayor Kevin Johnson was hit in the face with a pie during a fundraiser at a charter high school on Wednesday by a man who was then arrested for felony assault, local media reported.
Johnson, the mayor of California's capital city, was talking to dinner guests when a man grabbed him by the arm and hit him the face with a pie that he brought with him, sources told the Sacramento Bee newspaper.
Johnson, who thought he was punched in the face, hit the man back, his spokeswoman Crystal Strait told the newspaper.
Sean Thompson, 32, was restrained and arrested on felony charges of assaulting a public official. Thompson was treated for a minor injury at a hospital, the Sacramento Police Department said in a statement.
"Appreciate everyone. I'm doing fine," Johnson, a former NBA star, said in a Twitter post.
(Reporting By Brendan O'Brien, editing by Larry King)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Alphabet (GOOGL) Buys Twitter (TWTR) Unit Fabric
- China says police and judges need absolute loyalty to party
- U.S. oil rises from one-week low, U.S. inventory data in focus
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!