S.Korea president's approval rating falls to 5 percent: Gallup
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
South Korean President Park Geun-hye releases a statement of apology to the public during a news conference at the Presidential Blue House in Seoul, South Korea, October 25, 2016. Baek Seung-ryeol/Yonhap via REUTERS
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
SEOUL (Reuters) - South Korea President Park Geun-hye's approval rating has fallen to 5 percent, according to a Gallup poll released on Friday, setting an all-time low for any South Korean president and underscoring the impact of the influence-peddling scandal.
Gallup said its survey of 1,005 South Koreans conducted between Nov. 1 to 3 showed that 89 percent of those who participated disapproved of her performance.
(Reporting by Ju-min Park and Se Young Lee; Editing by Simon Cameron-Moore)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Brussels recommends sending asylum-seekers back to Greece from March
- Eyeing upswing, more U.S. oilfield service firms restructure
- Iraq parliament speaker demands inquiry into deadly Qaim air strikes
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!