Russia's sovereign fund head says Trump win will ease geopolitical tensions
- Dow, S&P hit highs; Trump comment hammers drug stocks
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/7: (ANTH) (EMKR) (PLAY) Higher; (SIGM) (OHAI) (FTK) Lower
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- Biotech, Pharma Stocks Weaker Amid Trump Comments on Lower Drug Prices
Supporters celebrate as returns come in for Republican U.S. presidential nominee Donald Trump during an election night rally in Manhattan, New York, U.S., November 8, 2016. REUTERS/Mike Segar
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
MOSCOW (Reuters) - Kirill Dmitriev, the head of Russia's sovereign wealth fund, said on Wednesday he believed Donald Trump's presidential victory would reduce geopolitical confrontations.
"A less confrontational U.S. foreign policy will unlock major opportunities for joint (Russia-U.S.) trade and investment," Dmitriev, head of the Russian Direct Investment Fund, said in a statement.
Dmitriev said he believed financial markets would recover quickly "just as they did after the Brexit vote."
(Reporting by Katya Golubkova; Editing by Andrew Osborn)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Trump to tap Oklahoma attorney general to lead EPA: transition team
- Trump says 'nothing funny' about 'Saturday Night Live' mockery
- Exclusive: U.S. regulator set to fail Wells Fargo on fair lending test - sources
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Related EntitiesDonald J. Trump
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!