Russia's Putin says Trump behaves extravagantly to get message across
- Wall Street dips as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- Western Union (WU) Admits Anti-Money Laundering and Consumer Fraud Violations, Forfeits $586M in Settlement
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- Apple (AAPL) PT Raised to $140 at BofA/Merrill Lynch; iPhone 8 Will be 'Super-Long' Cycle
- Morgan Stanley Upgrades Tesla Motors (TSLA) to Overweight
Donald Trump speaks at a campaign event in Charlotte, North Carolina. REUTERS/Carlo Allegri
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
KRASNAYA POLYANA (Reuters) - Russian President Vladimir Putin said on Thursday that U.S. presidential candidate Donald Trump behaved extravagantly during his campaign because he represented ordinary voters and wanted to get his message across.
"He has chosen a method to get through to voters' hearts," Putin told foreign policy experts in southern Russia.
"He (Trump) behaves extravagantly of course, we see this, but I think there's a reason for this."
(Reporting by Gleb Stolyarov; Writing by Maria Tsvetkova; Editing by Andrew Osborn)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Plane carrying Brazil Supreme Court judge crashed into sea: source
- Costco in $11.75 million U.S. accord over lax pharmacy controls
- Ill McGuinness to stand down as Sinn Fein leader in Northern Ireland
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Related EntitiesDonald J. Trump
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!