Russia's Putin says Trump behaves extravagantly to get message across
- World stocks hold near 16-month highs after strong week
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Oil edges higher on optimism over non-OPEC output cuts
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Sibanye Gold (SBGL) to Acquire Stillwater Mining Company (SWC) in $2.2B Deal
Donald Trump speaks at a campaign event in Charlotte, North Carolina. REUTERS/Carlo Allegri
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
KRASNAYA POLYANA (Reuters) - Russian President Vladimir Putin said on Thursday that U.S. presidential candidate Donald Trump behaved extravagantly during his campaign because he represented ordinary voters and wanted to get his message across.
"He has chosen a method to get through to voters' hearts," Putin told foreign policy experts in southern Russia.
"He (Trump) behaves extravagantly of course, we see this, but I think there's a reason for this."
(Reporting by Gleb Stolyarov; Writing by Maria Tsvetkova; Editing by Andrew Osborn)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- India's industrial output unexpectedly contracts in October
- Pernod further expands in craft spirits with Smooth Ambler deal
- Over 1,000 Russian athletes benefited from conspiracy to conceal doping: McLaren report