Russian special forces kill four militants in St Petersburg
- Amazon, health stocks weigh on S&P, Nasdaq; Chevron lifts Dow
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- AbbVie (ABBV) Tops Q3 EPS by 1c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russian special forces troops killed four militants in St. Petersburg on Wednesday in a counter-terrorism operation, Russian Investigating Committee said.
The militants were on a wanted list of suspected members of a militant group in Russia's volatile North Caucasus region, the Committee said in a statement on its website.
The police stormed an apartment in a residential house where the militants were hiding. There were no casualties among civilians.
(Reporting by Anton Zverev, writing by Denis Pinchuk, editing by Lidia Kelly)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Volkswagen HR chief says expects five-digit number of job cuts: FAZ
- Rescued migrants sing and dance after reaching Italy
- Venezuelan opposition strike patchy amid government threats
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!