Russian navy to hold Black Sea drills to practice repelling saboteurs: agencies
- Target (TGT) November/December Comps Fell 1.3%; Lowers Guidance
- US Drone Market Could Reach 6 Million By 2019 - Oppenheimer
- Eli Lilly (LLY) to Acquire CoLucid Pharmaceuticals (CLCD) for $960M
- The FTC Confirms Antitrust Charges Against Qualcomm (QCOM) for Monopolizing Semiconductor Device Used in Cell Phones
- United Airlines (UAL) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
MOSCOW (Reuters) - The Russian Navy plans to hold exercises in the Black Sea to practice repelling underwater attacks by saboteurs, Russian news agencies on Thursday cited the defense ministry as saying.
The scenario would be based on pushing back an underwater attack by saboteurs from the sea, the ministry said.
Vladimir Putin accused Ukraine on Wednesday of using terrorist tactics to try to provoke a new conflict and destabilize annexed Crimea after Russia said it had thwarted two armed Ukrainian attempts to get saboteurs into the contested Black Sea peninsula.
(Reporting by Maria Kiselyova; Writing by Maria Tsvetkova; Editing by Andrew Osborn)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UK's timescale for trade deal with EU is 'ambitious': Fitch
- As caliphate crumbles, Islamic State lashes out in Iraq
- Global growth outlook shaky on trade protectionism fears: Reuters poll
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!