Russian Orthodox Patriarch, Britain's Queen Elizabeth to meet in London: TASS
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia Kirill conducts a prayer service ahead of Russian Olympic team departure to Rio 2016 Olympic Games at the Uspensky (Assumption) Cathedral in the Moscow's Kremlin, Russia July 27, 2016. REUTERS/Maxim Shemetov
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
MOSCOW (Reuters) - The head of the Russian Orthodox Church, Patriarch Kirill, will meet Britain's Queen Elizabeth during a visit to London this weekend, Russia's TASS news agency reported on Thursday.
The meeting between Kirill and Queen Elizabeth, who is Supreme Governor of the Church of England, comes at a time when relations between London and Moscow are strained over Syria and the Ukraine crisis.
British Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson said on Tuesday Russia risked becoming a "pariah nation" and accused it of targeting civilians in Syria. He called for protests outside the Russian embassy in London.
Moscow has denied striking civilian targets and said Johnson's comments amounted to "Russophobic hysteria".
(Reporting by Jack Stubbs; Editing by Andrew Osborn)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Senate to avert government shutdown after Democrats stop coal protest
- Gambia's President Jammeh says rejects outcome of Dec. 1 election
- Aetna CEO defends merger with Humana in antitrust trial
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!