Russian Orthodox Patriarch, Britain's Queen Elizabeth to meet in London: TASS
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
- JPMorgan (JPM) Reports Q4 EPS of $1.71
Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia Kirill conducts a prayer service ahead of Russian Olympic team departure to Rio 2016 Olympic Games at the Uspensky (Assumption) Cathedral in the Moscow's Kremlin, Russia July 27, 2016. REUTERS/Maxim Shemetov
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
MOSCOW (Reuters) - The head of the Russian Orthodox Church, Patriarch Kirill, will meet Britain's Queen Elizabeth during a visit to London this weekend, Russia's TASS news agency reported on Thursday.
The meeting between Kirill and Queen Elizabeth, who is Supreme Governor of the Church of England, comes at a time when relations between London and Moscow are strained over Syria and the Ukraine crisis.
British Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson said on Tuesday Russia risked becoming a "pariah nation" and accused it of targeting civilians in Syria. He called for protests outside the Russian embassy in London.
Moscow has denied striking civilian targets and said Johnson's comments amounted to "Russophobic hysteria".
(Reporting by Jack Stubbs; Editing by Andrew Osborn)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Serbia wants to annex part of Kosovo using 'Crimea model': president
- Sanctions, tight margins sap appetite for rail link to 'Putin's bridge'
- Tunisian beach gunman 'walked nearly two miles' before being shot, UK inquest hears
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!