Russian, British foreign ministers discuss possible rapprochement
- Wall Street dips on Trump protectionism, Qualcomm drag
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Sees Verizon Deal Closing in Q2, Not Q1
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- After-Hours Stock Movers 1/23: (REXX) (MRCY) (SYNC) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (CASC) Lower (more...)
Russian foreign minister Sergey Lavrov arrives at the ASEAN foreign ministers meeting in Vientiane, Laos July 25, 2016. REUTERS/Jorge Silva
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov and his British counterpart Boris Johnson spoke by phone on Thursday and discussed a possible normalization of bilateral ties, the Russian Foreign Ministry said.
"Both sides expressed hope for a normalization in Russian-British ties and underscored the desire to step up political dialogue," the ministry said in a statement.
The ministers also discussed the fight against terrorism and Syria.
(Reporting by Maria Kiselyova; Writing by Maria Tsvetkova; Editing by Andrew Osborn)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- White House disputes multiple calls between Trump adviser, Russian envoy
- Possible $400 million military sale to Britain approved: Pentagon
- Trump White House vows to stop China taking South China Sea islands
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!