Russia says starts Baltic Sea naval aviation exercises near Kaliningrad
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russia has begun planned tactical naval aviation exercises involving helicopters serving in its Baltic Fleet, which is based in its European exclave of Kaliningrad, the Russian Defence Ministry said on Wednesday.
The exercises involve 10 Mi-24 and Mi-8 attack and military transport helicopters as well as search-and-rescue Ka-27 helicopters, the ministry said in a statement.
The Kaliningrad region, sandwiched between NATO members Poland and Lithuania, has a growing strategic importance to Russia at a time when its relations with the alliance and the West have soured over the Ukraine crisis and Syria.
(Reporting by Lidia Kelly; Editing by Andrew Osborn)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Turkey's ruling party has completed proposal on presidency, PM says
- At least 13 killed in California tour bus crash -report
- For AT&T, Time Warner was always on the menu
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!