Russia says completes Bashneft sale to Rosneft for $5.3 billion
- S&P, Dow rise on health stocks; Nasdaq weighed by Comcast
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Qualcomm (QCOM) to Acquire NXP Semi (NXPI) in $47B Deal
- Tesla (TSLA) Posts Q3 adj.-EPS of 71c
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/27: (PRQR) (OCN) (TWTR) Higher; (CYH) (GNC) (RNWK) Lower (more...)
The logo of Russia's top crude producer Rosneft is seen at the company's headquarters, behind the Kremlin wall, in central Moscow, Russia, May 27, 2013. REUTERS/Sergei Karpukhin/File Photo
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
MOSCOW (Reuters) - The Russian government has completed the sale of a controlling stake in mid-sized oil producer Bashneft
The sale is a part of a government privatization drive aimed at narrowing the state budget deficit.
The ministry, citing the minister, Alexei Ulyukayev, said Rosneft's bid was higher than a valuation of between 297 billion roubles and 315 billion roubles, while the unidentified second bidder offered a lower bid.
President Vladimir Putin said earlier on Wednesday that Russia's privatization drive will be more efficient after Rosneft purchases the state's stake in Bashneft.
(Reporting by Vladimir Soldatkin; Editing by Adrian Croft)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pakistan opposition says dozens of activists arrested ahead of planned protest
- Syrian army says it takes town near Hama
- Gunmen who killed Saudi security officers linked to other attacks: government
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!