Russia says completes Bashneft sale to Rosneft for $5.3 billion
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
The logo of Russia's top crude producer Rosneft is seen at the company's headquarters, behind the Kremlin wall, in central Moscow, Russia, May 27, 2013. REUTERS/Sergei Karpukhin/File Photo
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
MOSCOW (Reuters) - The Russian government has completed the sale of a controlling stake in mid-sized oil producer Bashneft
The sale is a part of a government privatization drive aimed at narrowing the state budget deficit.
The ministry, citing the minister, Alexei Ulyukayev, said Rosneft's bid was higher than a valuation of between 297 billion roubles and 315 billion roubles, while the unidentified second bidder offered a lower bid.
President Vladimir Putin said earlier on Wednesday that Russia's privatization drive will be more efficient after Rosneft purchases the state's stake in Bashneft.
(Reporting by Vladimir Soldatkin; Editing by Adrian Croft)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Verdict expected in hate speech trial of Dutch politician Wilders
- Oil extends gains on hopes for non-OPEC output cuts
- Turkey seeks arrest of university academics in Gulen-related probe: media