Russia says chased away NATO submarine in Mediterranean
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- S&P 500 ends up slightly with boost from financials; Netflix up late
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- La Quinta Holdings (LQ) Gains on Plan to Split in Two
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/18: (OCLR) (CSX) (NFLX) Higher; (AMDA) (RCII) (ZYNE) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
MOSCOW (Reuters) - The Russian Defence Ministry said on Wednesday NATO submarines had been tracking its battle group in the Mediterranean and that it had chased away a Dutch submarine which had been dangerously maneuvering nearby, the Interfax news agency reported.
Moscow has assembled a sizeable battle group in the Mediterranean, including its only aircraft carrier, to support its air campaign in Syria where it is helping President Bashar al-Assad try to defeat rebels.
(Reporting by Lidia Kelly; Editing by Andrew Osborn)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Trump's Indonesian business partner sees no conflicts of interest
- Exclusive: Pentagon, Lockheed near deal on $9 billion F-35 contract - sources
- Undocumented worker sues San Francisco for violating sanctuary law
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!