Russia: Multinational group behind Chinese embassy attack in Kyrgyzstan: RIA
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- China Oceanwide to Acquire Genworth Financial (GNW) for $2.7B
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
A car is parked near China's embassy in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan, August 30, 2016. REUTERS/Vladimir Pirogov
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
MOSCOW (Reuters) - A senior official from Russia's FSB security service said on Tuesday that individuals linked to Russia, China and Tajikistan were behind a suicide bomb attack on the Chinese embassy in the Kyrgyz capital Bishkek last month, the RIA news agency said.
Deputy FSB head Sergei Smirnov said there were "Tajik, Chinese and Russian traces behind the terrorist attack" which he said had been uncovered during an investigation conducted jointly with security services from the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation, a six-member body led by China and Russia.
Kyrgyzstan's security service said last week that the bomb attack on the Chinese embassy had been ordered by Uighur militants active in Syria and carried out by a member of the East Turkestan Islamic Movement.
(Reporting by Maria Kiselyova; Writing by Dmitry Solovyov; Editing by Andrew Osborn)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Five victims of Malta plane crash were all French - airport source
- China electronics firm to recall some U.S. products after hacking attack
- Boeing takes on peers, partners in bid for replacement parts business
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!