Restructuring at Airbus puts 780 jobs at risk: report
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- S&P 500 ends up slightly with boost from financials; Netflix up late
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- La Quinta Holdings (LQ) Gains on Plan to Split in Two
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/18: (OCLR) (CSX) (NFLX) Higher; (AMDA) (RCII) (ZYNE) Lower (more...)
Airbus's logo is seen during Japan Aerospace 2016 air show in Tokyo, Japan, October 12, 2016. REUTERS/Kim Kyung-Hoon
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
PARIS (Reuters) - Restructuring plans at planemaker Airbus (NYSE: AIR) could result in 780 job cuts, French business newspaper Les Echos reported on Wednesday, citing an estimate from the CFTC trade union.
Airbus Group in September announced it would merge with its planemaking unit, in a move aimed at reducing bureaucracy and simplifying its brand.
The CFTC union said that various Airbus works council groups had already been contacted over impending job reductions as a result of the plan, with 780 job cuts envisaged.
"With respect to the ongoing...process and in absence of any decision, we do not comment on any speculation in the media," an Airbus spokesman said when asked about the report.
(Reporting by Sudip Kar-Gupta and Julien Ponthus)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- 'Matriarch' gorilla at Miami zoo dies at age of nearly 50
- Regulatory crackdown fails to deter M&A leaks globally, survey shows
- Banks face talent crisis amid mounting costs of employee turnover: report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!