Restructuring at Airbus puts 780 jobs at risk: report
- Futures fall on Trump's protectionist address
- Qualcomm (QCOM) Calls Apple's (AAPL) Claims 'Baseless'
- Unease over Trump sends dollar to one-and-half month low
- Kate Spade (KATE) Said to Attract Interest from Coach (COH) and Michael Kors (KORS) - Bloomberg
- European stocks hit three-week low as Trump reality sets in
Airbus's logo is seen during Japan Aerospace 2016 air show in Tokyo, Japan, October 12, 2016. REUTERS/Kim Kyung-Hoon
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
PARIS (Reuters) - Restructuring plans at planemaker Airbus (NYSE: AIR) could result in 780 job cuts, French business newspaper Les Echos reported on Wednesday, citing an estimate from the CFTC trade union.
Airbus Group in September announced it would merge with its planemaking unit, in a move aimed at reducing bureaucracy and simplifying its brand.
The CFTC union said that various Airbus works council groups had already been contacted over impending job reductions as a result of the plan, with 780 job cuts envisaged.
"With respect to the ongoing...process and in absence of any decision, we do not comment on any speculation in the media," an Airbus spokesman said when asked about the report.
(Reporting by Sudip Kar-Gupta and Julien Ponthus)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: SunTrust Robinson Humphrey Starts AAR Corporation (AIR) at Buy
- Equatorial Guinea has applied to join OPEC: OPEC source
- Struggling UK steel sector needs broad government support: MPs
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!