Qatar Airways plane makes emergency landing in Istanbul after possible bird strike
- Wall Street dips as telecoms slump; AmEx surges
- Microsoft (MSFT) Tops Q1 EPS by 8c
- AMD (AMD) Posts Q3 Operating EPS of 3c; Sees Q4 Revenue Down Sequentially
- AT&T (T) Said to Discuss Idea of Takeover in Time Warner (TWX) Meetings
- Alkermes plc (ALKS) Announces Third ALKS 5461 Phase 3 Met Primary Endpoint in MDD
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
ISTANBUL/DOHA (Reuters) - A Qatar Airways aircraft made an emergency landing at Istanbul's Ataturk airport on Thursday because of a suspected bird strike shortly after take off, according to a spokeswoman for the airline.
The Airbus 330 bound for Doha landed safely and passengers disembarked as normal, the Gulf airline said in a statement.
The spokeswoman could not confirm a report by broadcaster CNN Turk that one of the plane's engines caught fire.
(Reporting by Humeyra Pamuk, Ayla Jean Yackley and Tuvan Gumrukcu in Istanbul and Tom Finn in Doha; Writing by David Dolan; editing by John Stonestreet)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Tesla, rivals joust over how to put self-driving cars on the road
- Long-time Arizona sheriff Arpaio trails in re-election bid: poll
- Wisconsin man pleads guilty to supporting Islamic State
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!