Qatar Airways plane makes emergency landing in Istanbul after possible bird strike
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
ISTANBUL/DOHA (Reuters) - A Qatar Airways aircraft made an emergency landing at Istanbul's Ataturk airport on Thursday because of a suspected bird strike shortly after take off, according to a spokeswoman for the airline.
The Airbus 330 bound for Doha landed safely and passengers disembarked as normal, the Gulf airline said in a statement.
The spokeswoman could not confirm a report by broadcaster CNN Turk that one of the plane's engines caught fire.
(Reporting by Humeyra Pamuk, Ayla Jean Yackley and Tuvan Gumrukcu in Istanbul and Tom Finn in Doha; Writing by David Dolan; editing by John Stonestreet)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bolivian airline CEO to be jailed until soccer crash trial over
- U.S. derivatives regulator to move on from Dodd-Frank under Trump
- Arkansas Supreme Court blocks birth certificates for same-sex couples
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!