Putin proposes his deputy chief of staff become speaker of parliament
- AT&T (T) Agrees to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for More than $80 Billion - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
Russia's Prime Minister Vladimir Putin (R) talks to Government Chief of Staff Vyacheslav Volodin during a meeting on the development of local self-government in Pskov's Kremlin, some 650 km (404 miles) northwest of Moscow May 23, 2011. REUTERS/Alexei
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
MOSCOW (Reuters) - President Vladimir Putin on Friday proposed that Vyacheslav Volodin, deputy head of his administration, become speaker in the Duma, the lower house of parliament.
Putin on Thursday offered Sergei Naryshkin, the outgoing speaker, the job of head of Russia's SVR foreign intelligence service.
The reshuffle follows a landslide win by the ruling United Russia party in parliamentary elections on Sunday.
(Reporting by Polina Devitt; Writing by Dmitry Solovyov; Editing by Andrew Osborn)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Trump uses policy speech to attack media, promises to sue accusers
- Fighting rages in Yemen as U.N. seeks to extend 72-hour ceasefire
- Mass prison break in Haiti, 174 inmates flee after killing guard
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!