Putin proposes his deputy chief of staff become speaker of parliament
- Wall St. edges higher, supported by banks, telecoms
- Equinix (EQIX) Announces $3.6B Acquisition of Data Center Portfolio from Verzion (VZ)
- Deal Progress Said to Slow as Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Puts Actelion (ALIOY) Under Microscope - Source
- Trump Wants to Cancel New Air Force One Order with Boeing (BA)
- Roper Industries (ROP) to acquire Deltek in $2.8B Deal
Russia's Prime Minister Vladimir Putin (R) talks to Government Chief of Staff Vyacheslav Volodin during a meeting on the development of local self-government in Pskov's Kremlin, some 650 km (404 miles) northwest of Moscow May 23, 2011. REUTERS/Alexei
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
MOSCOW (Reuters) - President Vladimir Putin on Friday proposed that Vyacheslav Volodin, deputy head of his administration, become speaker in the Duma, the lower house of parliament.
Putin on Thursday offered Sergei Naryshkin, the outgoing speaker, the job of head of Russia's SVR foreign intelligence service.
The reshuffle follows a landslide win by the ruling United Russia party in parliamentary elections on Sunday.
(Reporting by Polina Devitt; Writing by Dmitry Solovyov; Editing by Andrew Osborn)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Trump says Softbank to invest $50 billion in United States
- Investigation urges coalition apology for Yemen hospital attack
- Violence erupts in Athens on anniversary of student killing by police
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!