Putin proposes his deputy chief of staff become speaker of parliament
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- S&P 500 ends up slightly with boost from financials; Netflix up late
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- La Quinta Holdings (LQ) Gains on Plan to Split in Two
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/18: (OCLR) (CSX) (NFLX) Higher; (AMDA) (RCII) (ZYNE) Lower (more...)
Russia's Prime Minister Vladimir Putin (R) talks to Government Chief of Staff Vyacheslav Volodin during a meeting on the development of local self-government in Pskov's Kremlin, some 650 km (404 miles) northwest of Moscow May 23, 2011. REUTERS/Alexei
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
MOSCOW (Reuters) - President Vladimir Putin on Friday proposed that Vyacheslav Volodin, deputy head of his administration, become speaker in the Duma, the lower house of parliament.
Putin on Thursday offered Sergei Naryshkin, the outgoing speaker, the job of head of Russia's SVR foreign intelligence service.
The reshuffle follows a landslide win by the ruling United Russia party in parliamentary elections on Sunday.
(Reporting by Polina Devitt; Writing by Dmitry Solovyov; Editing by Andrew Osborn)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- South African mining deaths fall to new record low in 2016
- Davos CEOs 'go local' on supply chain in Trump era
- Legendary Entertainment CEO steps down, China's Wanda takes closer control
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!