Potential next French president Juppe says Trump 'a big worry'
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
PARIS (Reuters) - The prospect Donald Trump could become president of the United States is "a big worry," Alain Juppe, the pollsters favorite to become President of France next year, was quoted as saying on Wednesday.
"I don't know Mr Trump, but there's a question mark and a big worry," Juppe, who hopes to be the main candidate of the country's center right in April's presidential elections, told the magazine Paris Match.
"His total ignorance of Europe, his disdain for France, his isolationist and protectionist points of view, his outrageous simplifications, his constant changes of tack, are a real concern. But it is for the people of the United States to choose."
Trump is the Republican Party candidate for the U.S. presidential elections on Nov. 8.
(Reporting by Sophie Louet; writing by Andrew Callus; Editing by Leigh Thomas)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Biotech, Pharma Stocks Weaker Amid Trump Comments on Lower Drug Prices
- Trump says union head who accused him of lying has 'done a terrible job'
- 'La La Land' duo Emma Stone, Ryan Gosling cement mark in Hollywood
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Related EntitiesDonald J. Trump
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!