Possible U.S. Treasury pick Hensarling says willing to help Trump
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Chairman of the House Financial Services Committee Jeb Hensarling (R-TX) questions SEC Chairwoman Mary Jo White during a hearing in Washington, U.S., November 15, 2016. REUTERS/Joshua Roberts
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Representative Jeb Hensarling, a possible candidate for U.S. Treasury secretary, said he discussed tax policy, trade and regulation with Donald Trump on Thursday and would be willing to help the president-elect in any capacity.
"I've got a great position in public policy today. If he wants to talk to me, obviously, about serving somewhere else, we'll look at serving somewhere else," Hensarling said as he left Trump Tower. "But regardless, I'm on his team, I'm excited for what he can do for America and it was just a real honor to be here."
(Reporting by Steve Holland and Doina Chiacu; Editing by Mohammad Zargham)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ladder Capital (LADR) to Explore Sale - Reuters
- BMW seeks to be 'coolest' ride-hailing firm with autonomous car
- Social media ads to hit $50 billion by 2019 -Zenith
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Related EntitiesDonald J. Trump
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!