Porsche targets 20,000 electric car sales a year: Automobilwoche
- Dow, S&P 500 surge to highs; transports set record
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/7: (ANTH) (EMKR) (PLAY) Higher; (SIGM) (OHAI) (FTK) Lower
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- Biotech, Pharma Stocks Weaker Amid Trump Comments on Lower Drug Prices
CEO of German carmaker Porsche, Oliver Blume, poses prior to the company's annual news conference in Stuttgart, southern Germany March 11, 2016. REUTERS/Michael Dalder
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
FRANKFURT (Reuters) - Volkswagen's Porsche division expects annual sales of about 20,000 for its first all-electric car, the Mission E, the luxury carmaker's chief executive told a German magazine.
Porsche, the second-largest contributor to VW's group profit, plans to create at least 1,400 jobs to develop, build and sell its rival to Tesla's Model S. The Porsche Mission E is slated to hit the market in 2019.
"We have calculated a quantity in the order of about 20,000 for the Mission E," Porsche CEO Oliver Blume was quoted as saying in an Automobilwoche interview.
Porsche labor boss Uwe Hueck in July declined to specify production targets for the Mission E, but said that Porsche needs to sell at least 10,000 of a model per year to make a profit.
U.S. electric car specialist Tesla had total vehicle deliveries of 50,580 in 2015.
(Reporting by Christoph Steitz; Editing by David Goodman)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Georgia officer killed, second wounded in shooting near university
- Rome, Cairo prosecutors meet in Regeni case, but no breakthrough
- Trump inauguration protest groups demand access to Washington sites
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!