Pimco to pay $20 million to settle SEC probe: WSJ
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
A Pacific Investment Management Co (PIMCO) sign is shown in Newport Beach, California August 4, 2015. REUTERS/Mike Blake
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
(Reuters) - Pacific Investment Management Co (Pimco) and a top U.S. regulator have settled claims the bond manager mismarked securities in a fund formerly managed by investor Bill Gross, the Wall Street Journal reported, citing sources.
Pimco agreed to pay about $20 million to the Securities and Exchange Commission, people familiar with the matter told the WSJ. (http://on.wsj.com/2gEr854)
"Pimco is pleased to have resolved the BOND ETF matter with the SEC," a Pimco spokesman said in an email.
"Accordingly, the firm has enhanced its policies and procedures relating to valuation of smaller-sized positions and performance attribution disclosure," the spokesman said.
(Reporting by Sruthi Shankar in Bengaluru; Editing by Maju Samuel)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Caterpillar (CAT) Offers FY17 Guidance Update at Credit Suisse Conference
- Recro Pharma (REPH) Files $57.5M Common Stock Shelf
- Heat Biologics (HTBX) Files 3M Share Common Stock Shelf for Shareholders
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Related EntitiesWilliam H. Gross, Pacific Investment Management Company, LLC (PIMCO)
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!