Philippines to suspend over ten more mines in environmental crackdown: minister
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Philippines Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) Secretary Regina Lopez answers a question during a news conference at the department's headquarters in Quezon city, metro Manila, Philippines August 11, 2016. REUTERS/Romeo Ranoco
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
MANILA (Reuters) - The Philippines will suspend more than 10 additional mines in an ongoing environmental crackdown on the sector but the announcement of who will be shut has been moved to Sept. 26, the minister in charge of mining said on Wednesday.
Environment and Natural Resources Secretary Regina Lopez said more than 10 mines will "definitely" be suspended "because of the many violations."
Other details, including the identities of those to be suspended, will be announced on Sept. 26, she said.
(Reporting by Neil Jerome Morales and Enrico dela Cruz; Editing by Christian Schmollinger)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- China November forex reserves fall more than expected to lowest in nearly six years
- Japan to increase loan to Fukushima operator Tepco to $123 billion: source
- Japan third-quarter GDP revised down as capex, inventories shrink