Philippine president Duterte says may follow Russia's ICC withdrawal
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte gestures while delivering a speech during the 80th National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) founding anniversary at the NBI headquarters in metro Manila, Philippines November 14, 2016. REUTERS/Romeo Ranoco
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
MANILA (Reuters) - Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte said on Thursday he might follow Russia's step to withdraw from the International Criminal Court, citing criticism from Western nations for a rash of killings unleashed by his war on drugs.
In comments ahead of his departure for Lima to attend an Asia-Pacific summit, Duterte also railed against the United States and said that if Russia and China were to create a "new order" then the Philippines would be the first to join it.
(Writing by John Chalmers; Editing by Martin Petty)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- General Motors to announce $1 billion in U.S. investment
- Canada's Portag3 Ventures invests in Street Contxt
- Springsteen tribute band pulls out of Trump inauguration bash
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!