Philippine president Duterte says may follow Russia's ICC withdrawal
- Euro and global stocks hold Italy-related gains ahead of ECB
- Roper Industries (ROP) to acquire Deltek in $2.8B Deal
- GoDaddy (GDDY) to Acquire Host Europe Group in ~$1.8B Deal
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Trump's corporate tax holiday could spur pharma M&A
Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte gestures while delivering a speech during the 80th National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) founding anniversary at the NBI headquarters in metro Manila, Philippines November 14, 2016. REUTERS/Romeo Ranoco
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
MANILA (Reuters) - Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte said on Thursday he might follow Russia's step to withdraw from the International Criminal Court, citing criticism from Western nations for a rash of killings unleashed by his war on drugs.
In comments ahead of his departure for Lima to attend an Asia-Pacific summit, Duterte also railed against the United States and said that if Russia and China were to create a "new order" then the Philippines would be the first to join it.
(Writing by John Chalmers; Editing by Martin Petty)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Roper Technologies to buy software firm Deltek in $2.8 billion deal
- BMW to pay $57 million for irresponsible lending in Australia: regulator
- Mobile-phone based bank Number26 expands to 17 European markets
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!