Paris planning nudist park: deputy mayor
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- S&P 500 ends up slightly with boost from financials; Netflix up late
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- La Quinta Holdings (LQ) Gains on Plan to Split in Two
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/18: (OCLR) (CSX) (NFLX) Higher; (AMDA) (RCII) (ZYNE) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
PARIS (Reuters) - Paris authorities plan to open a park for nudists in the French capital some time in the not too distant future.
"We need to find the right place and we don't want to upset anyone or ruffle feathers," Deputy Paris Mayor Bruno Julliard said. "It'll probably be a park or garden," he told RMC radio.
"Other European capitals have done so, very recently Berlin," he added.
It is not unusual to see skimpily clad sun-bathers along the banks of the Seine river and some parks on balmy summer days in Paris. Ecology party politicians have proposed going a step further for fans of total nudity.
(Reporting By Brian Love; Editing by Andrew Callus)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Virginia inmate executed despite arguments against drug 'cocktail'
- Banks face talent crisis amid mounting costs of employee turnover: report
- Obama hopes for quiet after White House but will defend 'core values'
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!