Paris planning nudist park: deputy mayor
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- China Oceanwide to Acquire Genworth Financial (GNW) for $2.7B
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
PARIS (Reuters) - Paris authorities plan to open a park for nudists in the French capital some time in the not too distant future.
"We need to find the right place and we don't want to upset anyone or ruffle feathers," Deputy Paris Mayor Bruno Julliard said. "It'll probably be a park or garden," he told RMC radio.
"Other European capitals have done so, very recently Berlin," he added.
It is not unusual to see skimpily clad sun-bathers along the banks of the Seine river and some parks on balmy summer days in Paris. Ecology party politicians have proposed going a step further for fans of total nudity.
(Reporting By Brian Love; Editing by Andrew Callus)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BOJ frets about real estate lending boom, watchful of bubble risk
- Center-right opposition claims victory in Lithuania vote, to start coalition talks
- Companies urged to use multiple vendors in wake of cyber attack
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!