PM May says UK to become leader in free trade despite Brexit
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
HANGZHOU, China (Reuters) - Prime Minister Theresa May said she wanted Britain to become a global leader in free trade as it exits the European Union.
"As the UK leaves the EU I've set out our ambition to become the global leader in free trade," May told reporters after a two-day summit of leaders from G20 nations in China.
May said there would be no retreat towards protectionism and that there had been positive reactions from partners about securing new trade deals.
"The leaders from India, Mexico, South Korea and Singapore said that they would welcome talks on removing the barriers to trade between our countries," she said.
(Reporting by William James, writing by Sarah Young, editing by Guy Faulconbridge)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Trump calls corporate tax border adjustment 'too complicated': WSJ
- Asia stocks and pound weak, brace for May's speech on Brexit stance
- Poroshenko says Ukrainians at risk of losing faith in EU path
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!