PM May says UK to become leader in free trade despite Brexit
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- China Oceanwide to Acquire Genworth Financial (GNW) for $2.7B
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
HANGZHOU, China (Reuters) - Prime Minister Theresa May said she wanted Britain to become a global leader in free trade as it exits the European Union.
"As the UK leaves the EU I've set out our ambition to become the global leader in free trade," May told reporters after a two-day summit of leaders from G20 nations in China.
May said there would be no retreat towards protectionism and that there had been positive reactions from partners about securing new trade deals.
"The leaders from India, Mexico, South Korea and Singapore said that they would welcome talks on removing the barriers to trade between our countries," she said.
(Reporting by William James, writing by Sarah Young, editing by Guy Faulconbridge)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Obama turns focus on Senate races as he campaigns for Clinton
- Former Qatari Emir dies aged 84
- Asian stocks subdued, dollar hovers near nine-month high
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!