Other suspects may appear in bribery case of Russia's ex-economy minister: agencies
- Target (TGT) November/December Comps Fell 1.3%; Lowers Guidance
- US Drone Market Could Reach 6 Million By 2019 - Oppenheimer
- Eli Lilly (LLY) to Acquire CoLucid Pharmaceuticals (CLCD) for $960M
- The FTC Confirms Antitrust Charges Against Qualcomm (QCOM) for Monopolizing Semiconductor Device Used in Cell Phones
- United Airlines (UAL) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c
Russian Economy Minister Alexei Ulyukayev who was detained by law enforcement officials on corruption charges, is escorted upon his arrival for a hearing at the Basmanny district court in Moscow, Russia, November 15, 2016. REUTERS/Maxim Zmeyev
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
MOSCOW (Reuters) - Other suspects may appear in a criminal case in which investigators have charged Russia's former economy minister Alexei Ulyukayev with extorting a $2 million bribe, unnamed sources told Russian news agencies on Wednesday.
President Vladimir Putin dismissed Ulyukayev on Tuesday over allegations he extorted the bribe from top oil producer Rosneft, a case that could expose fault lines in the Russian leader's inner circle.
Russian newspapers on Wednesday carried several stories saying ministers and aides close to Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev might now be drawn into the same case as they were allegedly also under surveillance.
(Reporting by Polina Devitt; Writing by Andrew Osborn; Editing by Christian Lowe)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UK's timescale for trade deal with EU is 'ambitious': Fitch
- OPEC sees smaller oil glut, upbeat on non-OPEC cut compliance
- Trump's health pick set to defend investments at U.S. Senate hearing
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!